Setup Information for Hosted Domains
* More precise, detailed, and customised information is available in your Welcome Email, once
you configure your mail client, please login and check your mail, the folllowing is generic information only.
(We recommend Thunderbird, it will autoconfigure all settings required to use on our systems)
Incoming Mail Server - mail.ausics.net
- POP3 (port 110) and IMAP (port 143) with STARTTLS, or
- POP3s (port 995) and IMAPs (port 993) for Implicit TLS
Outgoing Mail Server - mail.ausics.net
- SMTP (port 587) with STARTTLS
* We do not relay outbound mail via regular SMTP Port 25
WebMail Server https://mail.ausics.net
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Password Password
Multiple failed logins within a short period of time will result in your IP address being denied access
for three hours. If this occurs, please contact support providing your username, time of occurance, and
IP address (obtainable from zonecheck.org)
Web Server FTP yourdomain.name
FTP Username email@example.com
FTP Password Password
NNTP Usenet News Server
Server Address news.ausics.net or news.ausics.org
Server Port 119
Login Details See Welcome message.
- We only support TLS for encrypted connections, we no longer accept the exploitable SSLv3 protocol.
- If using IMAP, make sure your mail clients Trash/Deleted Messages folder is set to Trash.
- If you use a portable device, it may default to Deleted Messages and you will need to manually
purge the folders contents.
- Contents of the Trash folder are deleted after 7 days.