Member Setup Information
Once your Email client is configured, please login and check your welcome mail for further, customised details.
(We recommend Thunderbird, it will autoconfigure all settings required to use on our systems)
Incoming Mail Server - mail.ausics.net
- POP3 (port 110) and IMAP (port 143) with STARTTLS, or
- POP3s (port 995) and IMAPs (port 993) for Implicit TLS
Outgoing Mail Server - mail.ausics.net
- SMTP (port 587) with STARTTLS
* We do not relay outbound mail via regular SMTP Port 25
WebMail Server https://mail.ausics.net
Email Address email@example.com
Email Password Your Member Password
Multiple failed logins within a short period of time will result in your IP address being denied access
for three hours. If this occurs, please contact support providing your username, time of occurance, and
IP address (obtainable from zonecheck.org)
Web Server FTP ftp://members.ausics.net
FTP Username firstname.lastname@example.org
FTP Password Your Member Password
NNTP Usenet News Server
Server Address news.ausics.net or news.ausics.org
Server Port 119
Login Details None, access is by IP Address ranges
- As of Jan 1 2015 we only support TLS for encrypted connections, we no longer accept the exploitable SSLv3 protocol.
- For Webmail and IMAP users, the contents of the Trash folder are deleted after 7 days.
- If using IMAP, make sure your mail clients Trash/Deleted Messages folder is set to Trash.
- Some mobile devices default to Deleted Messages folder, if you don't change it, you will need to manually
purge that folders contents, for system integrity, our IMAP purge scripts only touch the Trash folder.