Windows XP Dial-Up Configuration
Click on the Start menu, select Control Panel
Note: If you are running Windows XP in classic mode, you will need to select the Start
menu, select Settings, then choose Control Panel
Click the Switch to Classic View icon
Double-click the Network Connections icon
Click the Create a new connection icon
Click the Next button.
Select Connect to the Internet. Click the Next button.
Select Set up my connection manually. Click the Next button
Select Connect using a dial-up modem and Click the Next button.
In the ISP Name field, enter realtime to identify your connection. Click the Next
In the Phone number: field, type 0198308007 and click the Next button.
Refer to the Welcome Letter that was faxed to you and proceed with the following on the Internet
Account Information screen:
- In the User name: field, type your Username.
- In the Password: field, type your Password.
- In the Confirm password: field, type your Password.
- Uncheck the box next to Use this account name and password when anyone connects to the Internet
from this computer.
- Uncheck the box next to Make this the default Internet connection
- Uncheck the box next to Turn on Internet Connection Firewall for this connection.
- Click the Next button.
Check the box next to Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop if you wish to have a
shortcut to the connection on your desktop. Click the Finish button.