rp3 Dial-Up Configuration
Table of Contents:
Making a New Connection
- Click on the GNOME menu, select Internet, then select Dialup Configuration Tool.
- Click Next in the Add New Internet Connection Window.
- NOTE: _If_ rp3 can't find a modem, it will try to configure one. Select your modem from
the list and click Next if this happens.
- Enter in Real Time in the Account Name field.
Enter 0198 308 007 in the Phone Number Field. Click Next.
- Using the information from the Welcome Letter that was faxed to you;
- Enter in your Username in the Username: field
- Enter in your Password in the Password: field
- Click Next.
- Next rp3 will ask you if your ISP is named in a list.
- If it is, select it and click Next.
- If not, select Normal ISP and click Next.
- Click Finish.
Connecting to the Internet
- To connect to Real Time, click on the GNOME menu, and look under Internet for RH
- Click on RH PPP Dialer.
- Select ppp0 in the interface. This should bring up a small window.
- Right click on the window, then click on Connect to ppp0.
- Wait a few seconds while the modem makes the dial-up connection.
Note: One can also initiate a dialup connection using ifup ppp0 with the command line interface
Disconnecting from the Internet
- Right click on the RH PPP Dialer window.
- Click Disconnect.
Note: One can also disconnect a dialup connection using ifdown ppp0 with the command line interface